Holly (Ilex aquifolium)
|Edible Fruits & Berries|
|Blackthorn / Sloe||Elder|
|Burnet Rose||Dog Rose|
|Other edible plants|
|Wild Garlic||Wild Marjoram|
|Parasol Mushroom||Shaggy Ink Cap|
|Guelder Rose||Spindle Tree|
|Deadly Nightshade||Woody Nightshade|
The holly is familiar to everyone, and the plant produces small, poisonous bright red berries. Ingesting these can result in vomiting, diarrhoea and drowsiness and a little as two berries can induce these symptoms in a child.
It's often believed that if the holly trees are full of berries, then a harsh winter is on the way.